Monday, April 16, 2012

MY way of teaching my self



Now a days, everything can be search and googled (is that an acceptable word? oh well) and I am a stay home mom to a giggling, wiggling daughter of mine "Raya". I love to try some new things to make for her room and since we are living in a foreign country we called home now, it seems practical to make it than buying for when it piles up like our clothes would be hard to bring home to where??
( I am from Philippines and my hubby is from IRAN, we still cannot make up our mind where we should finally stay for good, my hopes I win )when it is time to pack and say Good bye to U.A.E.

I believe if you can read, you can do a lot and so I did, so many wonderful blogs about different crafts made me sane through the night when my little bundle is sleeping..thank you ladies for making it easy for me to learn new things and revive some of my very old skills like sewing (straight line only lol).

One thing caught my attention was this crate seats for toddlers that I originally saw from Pinterest but here is the link to the original post Tupelo Honey Caro . I read on and found her lovely and funny way of saying she makes them on her own terms.



It is so wonderful and useful too. We have tons of crates here lying around outside the malls and small supermarkets and I want to take them home now and make some of this for Raya's room.  I would be posting soon. 

Some more projects are at bay because we are still waiting for our baby sitter to come. Some stuff toys like OWL, Frog, puppets those are some on my list aside from planning a birthday party. My generous hubby bought me my first ever sewing machine, I used to sew by hand and used some manual machine back when I was a teen ( electric/digital is quite intimidating at first  and expensive too so I waited and blessings came "Thanks Mahal").

Go visit Tupelo Honey Caro's site and be inspired.

Khoda Hafez!

Margot





No comments:

Post a Comment