Thursday, February 9, 2012

The birthday plan and crafting mood swings

My daughter's  first birthday is fast approaching (that's actually in 4 months time from now). I manage to make some plans, gathered some ideas and inspirations from different blogs like hostessblog , thetomkatstudio, catchmyparty, and many more.

But my problem is the venue. The party would be in summer time here in United Arab Emirates and can be very humid hot..(not good for outdoor parties of any kind especially if you have little munchkins whining) the temp can be somewhere 40-50 degrees. It would be very expensive to held it inside a party hall (with a limited time too, max is 2 hours at a thousand Dirhams) at the nearest mall and would be overly crowded here in our small flat.

While it is almost perfect at Al Mamzar Park Chalet in Dubai (cheap too 400 AED for whole day), I am just worried guest might not come at all due to the weather. The joy of living in a box is really frustrating sometimes, we all wish we have gardens and yard for BBQ. For anyone who is unhappy of what they house might look like, there is nothing more calm and inspiring than having a chair and book on a patio of your own garden/home. I missed my country more.

Okay enough for my dreams, here is what I managed to make so far, I made this tissue poms for the decoration on her party. I decided to go for pastel color SWEET SHOPPE theme. Please ignore the mess, and thank you mom for holding it for me =). I did made some more and forget to take photos, may be later.


My little Princess looks amazed at what mama can do yey!

I still need to make the cupcake toppers ( I purchased online the scallop 2" punch as it was highly recommended by all the crafting bloggers ) banners, buy more candies in pink and lavander, the menu and games. Any suggestions can help me sort it out as I am NOT the most organize person in the world I know.


Some friends are telling me not to stress my self out of a first birthday that probably my daughter won't remember at all but I beg to disagree that any first should be something special even on a budget. After all, she is my only child and we are so happy she came to our life.

Thank you for dropping by,
Margot











No comments:

Post a Comment